Friday, July 23, 2010

Peace, Love, & Flowers

Today.

Was.

Absolutely.

Positively.

Extraordinarily.

Wonderful.

Beautiful.

Peaceful.

Blissful.

Needed.

~~~~~~~~

After a week of tours, museums, and non-stop information, today was exactly what the sanity doctor called for.  Not that I don't appreciate the educational value of everything we've been doing ... it's just that sometimes the sponge gets so full that it can't absorb much more.  Regent's Park was the most perfect place to breathe in deeply and just enjoy the wonders of the natural world without having to think (too much). 

So my thought for the day, as I lost myself in the splendor of my surroundings, posed the question "how can there be hatred in the world when such beautiful things exist?."  I don't mean to get all idealistic, but I can't help it.  I often get these feelings when I am outside viewing gorgeous scenery - particularly plants.  I love library science, but I also think that botany would have been a great area of study for me.  Perhaps a study should be done evaluating how the number of well kept gardens in an area correlates to the area's peacefulness.

~~~~~~~~

As if wandering about the flower wonderland wasn't enough to get the happy-juices flowing, we also flew kites on Primrose Hill.  Nothing has filled me with such a great sense of being carefree as this experience.  Imagine 15 grown adults - librarians for that matter - giggling it up atop this gorgeous hill, attempting to fly kites with no wind.  Kicking my slippers off and feeling the grass rub on the bottom of my feet, while my kite crazily flew circles behind me made me (I hate to be cliche) feel like a kid again - though I never flew kites as a child.



Us after our kite adventure.  Noticed the pooped faces.

~~~~~~~~

Feelings of peace, love, and living life emanated from my heart and trailed me like the tails of my kite as we descended upon Abbey Road to see the Beatles' recording studio.  I specifically wore my "all you need is love" shirt for this part of the trip.  I always find it extremely amazing how artists can touch people with their music.  Check out the great fan art left behind (too bad they paint over it when it gets too full):








Today, my cup overflows with positivity.  In gratitude of all things beautiful in life, I leave you tonight.


With Joy, Tara.

1 comment: